Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baby Steps to a Fabulous Front Yard

I am so excited to get started on our front yard and really give our home some major curb appeal, but that has been getting tossed by the wayside. I tend to get caught up in other projects or just plain lazy un-motivated. I got off work today at noon and the weather was FABULOUS. Like, I wanted to sit outside and bask in the Spring glory all day. So we did. We ran to Lowes to get some black mulch and to give our front yard a MINI makeover. We didn't want to spend a lot, so we figured giving it some new mulch would be the cheapest route. We spent around $16.00 and I feel like it transformed the front yard in such a great way. 

     
   

So our to-do list looks like this:
  • Paint the front door (black, red or a teal-ish blue)
  • Plant some colorful flowers
  • Get rid of the rocks and either extend mulch or plant grass in its place
  • Paint the railings and ceiling
  • Replace the doorbell
  • Change out the light hanging in the covered area and next to the garage
 

Are you getting into freshening up your curb appeal? Starting your garden up? Planting some flowers?

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing what a little mulch can do! Your front entry area is so pretty...love the porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth for the kind words! I love what some fresh mulch can do to your front yard.

      Delete
  2. This is the exact project I have planned for this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Ashley I am so happy I inspired you! Have fun, you will be so excited to drive up to your house everyday. It's like a new house!

      Delete

01 09 10