Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veterans Day and a Breath of Fresh Air!

Before I start this blog post, I want to thank all of the men and women in the armed forces! Happy Veterans Day to you all, past and present! And a big shout out to my honey, I am so honored to be your wife and I am so proudd of all of the accomplishments you have made in your life. I am grateful for you each and every day and I thank you for your selfless service to our beautiful country!!! I love you to the moon and back!
NOWWWWWWW lets get into it!
I have been dying to paint this ugly bookshelf in our guestroom and I finally got around to it this weekend. What a difference, right?
Even with my rainbow coordination, it just wasn't working. It was blah and groggy feeling. 
And it had stains randomly all over it. 
Out and ready to be sanded and painted! 
This is after a light coat of sanding and the first coat. 
After the second coat. 
And after the third and final coat!!! I could have done another coat to make it really white, with no imperfections, but my hubby said he liked the antique look with teeny bits of wood streaks peaking through. I don't mind it either. 
It's hard to see those streaks I am talking about, but they are there, I promise. 
And after some styling. I walk in this room and it feels like a ray of sunshine. I just LOVEEE it! I also feel like it makes the rainbow book coordination pop! 





I just love love love it so much!! 
This is the opposite side of the room. I would love to get my hands on this night stand, however, it is my sisters on loan (she doesn't currently have a place to store it)and she won't approve of any transformations.  
I found this free printable @ Shanty-2-chic and I love it! So do all of my guests that have stayed in this room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10