Thursday, November 14, 2013

Taco Soup

I was browsing around pinterest the other day and I found the above recipe. I decided to give it a whirl and it was super yummy! I can't wait to make it again on one of these cold nights with a fire going!
I browned my ground beef the night before, when I was cooking dinner and then just stored the ground beef in the fridge over night. I laid out my ingredients, which are as follows:
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
This made it really easy for me the next morning. I put the ground before in the bottom and all other ingredients on top and stirred, set on low and went to work! The original recipe calls for onions and two cans of peeled and diced tomatoes, I however skipped on onions and only put in one can of peeled and diced tomatoes. My hubs and Trey don't like onions and aren't big on tomatoes, so for our family I just made it work. Instead of onions, I added in some onion powder. 
Here she is! MMMMMMMM! I don't like sour cream and didn't need the added calories of Frito chips, so mine isn't as pretty. But oh man, was it delish!!!! And easy, which is even better for me!

I hope you try it on one of these cold fall nights, cozied up by the fire while watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!!

With Love, Dez

2 comments:

  1. This soup sounds amazing!! Than you for sharing the recipe! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as health, fashion, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana

    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

    New Blog Post: How to Save Money This Holiday Season

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yummy yummy yummy! Hope you try it out!
      Thanks for visiting my blog, I will be sure to check yours out!

      With Love, Dez

      Delete

01 09 10