Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Boys Bedroom Reveal

What started as one of the first rooms that we planned on getting complete when we moved in was my step-sons room, however I had such mixed emotions about the paint we chose. YES we waited 8 MONTHS to complete a room because of paint... ugh, I hate being indecisive. I finally decided to just suck it up and paint it and if I hated it we could repaint it a darker shade or add some stripes or something. Well to my elated surprise, I actually kind of like it.

Without further ado, I give you, the before shots...

Dun Dun Dun






Yup, it was a hot mess... I also reorganized his closet, but we have bigger plans for that one day. 



And so we cleared everything out, except the bed. The below picture is the next day after the paint had dried, so we started hanging curtains back up and putting everything back inside.  

 We knew he was being awfully quiet and we found him sound asleep at the bottom of the stairs. He didn't even make it to the couch or a bed. Poor guy, daylight savings time was hurting him. We tried to move him to the couch, but he said he was comfortable. #bestillmyheart. I know this won't last much longer. 
 And for the big reveal. 

 He loved it and went straight to his lego station to start adding to his collection. (The shelves next to the legos are where he can display his creations.)
And After!!!! 







His beloved "Luke" that he can't sleep without. 



The best part about this whole redo of my step-sons room is that we only spent a total of $50.00. We bought the paint when we moved in at around $30 for a gallon and the big throw pillow on his bed, which I bought at TJ Maxx for $19.00.
The paint we used is Blue Tango in Valspar. Only took one coat, so we still have half a gallon!

Oh sweet sweet sanity. I now feel happy when I go into his room and he loves playing in their now, so our job is DONE! For now. 

With Love, Dez

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the color. This room just pops now. What a happy boy! I also wanted to share that I nominated you for a Liebster award. Check it out: http://www.thehonestroom.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! We love it so much more now. It has come to life. Thank you for the nomination, I just did a post for mine as well. Thank you thank you for including me in your 11 nominees.

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I love the color of blue paint you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so happy it turned out better than I anticipated.

      Delete
  3. Love this room! Beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10