Monday, March 31, 2014

Liebster Award

Life As Dez was nominated for a Liebster Award by The Honest Room and I am so excited!

The Liebster is an award for bloggers with 500 or less followers as a way to get to know each other and build their blogging community. This is such an awesome opportunity for bloggers that are trying to build their blogs and gives you the chance to meet other bloggers out there in the same position! So cool. We can grow together! HAHA

Here are the rules:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you. ;) The Honest Room
  • Answer the 11 questions you're given. 
  • Nominate 11 other new bloggers with less than 500 followers. 
  • Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer. 
  • Tag you nominees and leave them a comment on their blog so they know that you nominated them. 
Here are my questions and answers.
  1. How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging since October of 2013, so 5 months. 
  2. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected? I started blogging so I could remember things. I want to remember how our house started to where it is going, remember trips we have taken and things we have done... Just our life together as a family from the beginning. It has been tougher then I expected, but I already find it so neat to be able to look back at things. I realized it takes a lot of effort to keep up with a Blog. 
  3. What's the story behind your blog name? Life as Dez is just that. A day in my life. It covers a variety of things from home decorating to family trips to my life happenings. 
  4. What has been your most popular post?  My most popular post was my Mohawk Rug Review. Only 8 comments, but still! HA-HA
  5. What is your motto or tagline? My motto is: Dance the Dance you Dance, don't Dance the Dance people who Dance Dance. Platypus the Wise
  6. What is your favorite blog to read and what draws you to them? I get really excited every time Young House Love has a new blog post! They are the ones that got me into blogging. I love their decorating style and their posts are always witty. 
  7. What is your decorating style? I would say my decorating style is still evolving. The only thing I ever want is for it to feel home-y.... I like traditional and contemporary with some country living in their. It is all over the place. 
  8. Gold or silver? GOLD. I am obsessed with Gold.
  9. Name one of your bucket list items. I really want to go skydiving. I would be scared to death. But I want to conquer my fear and do it.
  10. How do you spend your weekends? Our weekends are usually really low key and quiet. We will get some projects around the house done, clean the house, watch movies together, take my step-son somewhere fun, you know wherever the wind takes us. ;)
  11. Where do find most of your home decor inspiration? (store, blog, magazine) I love HGTV and BHG magazines, TARGET as well as lots of blogs that I follow. I love Young house Love, I Heart Organizing, BowerPower, Dear Lillie, Decorchick, Hi Sugarplum, Shanty 2 Chic, Debbiedoos, Remodelaholic, 7th House on the Left, Four Generations One Roof, Life on Virginia Street, Migonis Home, Thrify Decor Chick and The Lettered Cottage, along with sooooo many more. 
Here are my beloved 11 nominees:


And here are your questions:
  1. How long have you been blogging?
  2. Why did you start blogging? What's the reality of it, do you love it?
  3. What's the story behind your blog name and how did you come up with it?
  4. What has been your most popular post?
  5. What would your Real Housewives tagline be?
  6. What is your favorite blog to read and what draws you to them?
  7. What is your decorating style?
  8. Gold or silver?
  9. When do you normally blog?
  10. What inspired you?
  11. Where do you find most of your home decor/style inspiration? (store, blog, magazine):

Oh, and let's follow The Honest Room's lead, if I nominated you, follow me AND the rest of the 11 nominees on some form of social media. We can grow together and support each other in our own little blogging community.

Follow Life as Dez: Insta - Twitter - PinterestGoogle + - Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love reading about fellow bloggers and what they're up to. I can't wait to check out your nominees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! So inspiring. Their are some really good ones!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, Desaree! I loved reading your answers and I'll have fun writing about your questions! (I don;t know if I want to skydive for real, but I would totally do in the inside wind tunnel version!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA that would probably be as far as I could get also. I don't even like to jump from a boat dock into the water, because it is too high. Who am I kidding? It just sounds so fun!

      Delete

01 09 10