Thursday, October 24, 2013

Craigslist Lamp Makeover

I got an amazing deal on these four lamps on Craigslist, all four for ONLY $15!!!! I couldn't believe it and couldn't wait to make them over!! Here are some before pictures:


They were really plain jane, rustic looking and either mismatched shades or no shades, but for under $4 per lamp,  I figured I could make them something pretty! So I used......

dun dun dun
you guessed it!!! SPRAY PAINT!!! I bought the Valspar Black and Valspar Peacock Blue from Lowes and went to town. Well first I taped off all of the cords, light socket and anything I didn't want painted. 
My plan was to use the tall floor lamp and sofa table lamp in the living room and I decided to spray paint them black to match our living room console table. I really like the idea of grays, blues and greens with pops of black in our living room. I will probably eventually fade out the black items (like the console table) but we don't have a new media table in the budget for now. 
My inspiration for my living room has stemmed from some of these ideas:
www.younghouselove.com
I really love the wood tones in the photo below and I am really obsessed with the bamboo blinds but haven't made taken the jump to go out and buy any for our house yet. I would like to eventually phase out the black decor with wood accents.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/159877855494724506/ 
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE the grey walls with white boarding around the windows and thick, chunky base boards!!! SWOON I love all the natural elements with the woof coffee and media table and cozy ivory couch!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/159877855494769430/
OKAY I got a little side tracked, but back to the lamps! 




 I do really love how the lamps all turned out and I probably wont keep them forever because I want to change everything out all the time, but I love them just the way they are for now!

With Love, Dez


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10