Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Picky Eater's Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

Let me formally introduce you to a very yummy, very quick dish to make. We call her "The Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta!" We, meaning mi familia and Pinterest. ;) Now let me just tell you first off, my family is SUPER SUPER PICKY, so half of the ingredients in the original recipe, HERE are not in my version. If you make it the original way, invite me over so I can try out all of the fun yummy extras. 
I will call mine "The Picky Eater's Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta minus a few ingredients.
Here she is!
Yes I would prefer it with all of the bells and whistles or in this case onions and sun dried tomatoes, but this way is really still very delicious. 

This is how I did it:
Grocery List:
2 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves (in my case I just used three boneless skinless chicken breast thighs, cut into strips or small cubes)
1 box bow-tie pasta (I have also done it with 4 ounces linguine, both are good), cooked AL Dente
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning mix
2 tablespoons butter
1-2 cups heavy whipping cream (the first time I made it I used 1 but the second time I used two and prefer with 2 cups)
1/4 teaspoon salt (or a little less)
1/4 teaspoon dries basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

The 411
First, I placed the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a bowl and tossed to coat.
Second, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Third, reduce heat, add heavy cream, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and heat through.
Finally, pour over hot noodles (whichever you chose) and toss with Parmesan Cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10